Credit may be earned by degree seeking students by means of a special examination subject to the following requirements.
- A student must apply online using the 信用审查申请表. The student must submit one request for each desired examination. The student must receive an approval email prior to scheduling the exam. Exams must be completed 30 days from date of approval.
- A maximum of twenty-five percent (25%) of all degree requirements may be earned through credit by examination.
- Academic divisions have the option of using a CLEP/DSST examination or an examination prepared in the division.
- Credit cannot be earned by examination for any course in which a grade has been received nor for any course which has been audited.
- 通过考试获得学分, a student must obtain a score equivalent to a letter grade of “C” or better as determined by each academic department or obtain a passing score for a CLEP/DSST subject or general examination course as recommended by American Council on Education (ACE). All prerequisites for the exam subject must be met prior to taking the examination.
- If the student attains an acceptable grade, he/she is awarded credit for the course, but not a grade. The credit hours are not counted in computing the student’s grade point average. Unsuccessful attempts to earn credit by examination do not become a part of the student’s permanent record.
- 收费30美元.00 per semester hour is charged for each 菠菜稳台子 test. This fee is charged before the student takes the test 和 is non-refundable.
- CLEP/DSST考试的费用是85美元.00 和 the 测试中心 charges a non-refundable sitting fee of $20.00. If you wish to take the exam at another institution other than the Gaffney Main Campus, 请搜索 DSST检测中心 和 CLEP测试中心 你附近.
- Courses for which a student earns credit by examination are considered transfer credits. Credit by examination is not included in the total earned credit hours for graduation honors.
- Seniors who are graduating in May must request credit by examination no later than April 1st. The examination must be completed for May graduates no later than April 15th.
- Senior who are graduating in December must request credit by examination no later than November 15th. The examination must be completed for December graduates no later than December 1st.